There has been an Anglican church and chaplain in Izmir since 1626. For centuries our churches served members of the British community who came to the city originally for trade, industry and to build the railways. 

The congregation today includes long-term residents of the city, local people, refugees, and visitors. We come from many different parts of the world and a great variety of backgrounds. It makes it a very special place to worship, and a very welcoming one too. There are two beautiful Anglican Churches in Izmir, one at Alsancak, the other at Bornova. Our principal place of worship is St. John's, Alsancak, where we have a church hall and other facilities.

In addition to our services, we also hold social events and regular Bible study. We also offer the opportunity to prepare for Baptism and Confirmation. If you would like to find out more about any of our activities, please come along and ask, or contact the Chaplain, who is always glad to receive inquiries and to meet those who would like to find out more.  

Our Chaplain is the Revd James Buxton, who was installed at St. John's Church, by the Bishop of Gibraltar in Europe on 25 September 2017.  Fr James was previously Dean of Chapel at Corpus Christi College Cambridge.  

St. John's Izmir is an ICS Associate Mission Partner.

For more information see the website.